| Ahoy! This here is the 10th Featured Article.
"Daddy L. Legs" has been featured, meaning it was chosen as an article of interest.
- "Minnie had no time to talk but formulated a prayer in her head. In that moment, she recognized her utter finitude, weakness and total dependency on greater forces. Even if she could see the future, even she had fought with everything she could, fate remained high in the sky, so above her grasp. The raveling of fate spinning out of control, only to coil back to Legs. Maybe was that strange dominance over improbable events, even more than strength and charisma, what makes a true king. To take the events and, inevitably, turning them to their will. To transform the absurd into reality…"
- —Minnie’s thoughts about Legs in Vision of a New World.
Daddy L. Legs, also known as Black Widow or Titanboa, is the captain of the Black Widow Pirates and one of the four Yonko who rule over the New World. As the only female Yonko, coupled with the lack of female Admirals, Legs is recognized as The Strongest Woman in the World. Even for a Yonko, Legs is considered exceedingly dangerous by the World Government. For many, she is the epitome of the chaotic nature of pirates. Thus, like Whitebeard, Gol D. Roger, and Monkey D. Luffy, Legs is seen as the current face of piracy.
Born as Princess Koyuki of the Kumamushi Tribe who inhabit the northern lands of Wano, Legs was sent to the mainland of Wano following the defeat of Orochi and Kaido as an emissary between the Kumamushi and the mainland people. Situated among the Fukuoka Family, a powerful shinobi clan of Wano, Legs mastered their powerful ninjutsu and assisted them in conquering their enemies. For this, she was adopted into their family through marriage. However, when the Fukuoka began uniting shinobi clans under a single banner to quell the conflict between them, the Daimyō feared the Fukuoka's military potential and targeted them. During the Wano Civil War, Legs' husband was killed and she was made matriarch of the Fukuoka Clan. Though, the Fukuoka lost the war and were scattered, meanwhile Legs was imprisoned.
With the help of Aoshin and Kosaka Isshin, they escaped the Wano prison and started the Black Widow Pirates to gather allies to reconquer Wano. Upon returning, Legs has successfully rebelled against the Shogun and Daimyō. She has restored the Imperial Power of Wano and has instated herself as the Empress. Since then, Wano has undergone significant systematic changes to create a utopian society where all people can thrive, and has since shifted from an isolated nation to a world superpower.
- "Your dress is lovely by the way, it does wonders to hide the many-legged monstrosity underneath. I almost mistook you for Elbaf nobility for a moment, like many species of carnivorous spiders it would seem you rely upon camouflage in order to catch your prey. Will you also liquidize the innards of the proud people of Elbaf, I wonder, make them easier to swallow before you spit out the bones of a trusting people?"
- —Admiral Fuyuki addresses Legs' Enchantment in Cast Away
- Legs' theme song is https://youtu.be/mzVrZ5yvniY
- Legs' appearance is based on Queen Boadicea from the manga, Radiant.