The Yonko are a pirate group, hailed by the World Government as the four most notorious and most powerful Pirate Captains in the entire World. However, they are neither allies nor enemies of one another, preferring to remain independent under most circumstances. These four individually reside within the second half of the Grand Line, known as the New World, exerting impressive influence and control over dozens of other pirate crews and self-governing islands.
Recently, three of the Yonko, Legs, Daikaku and Baron, have been seeking to dethrone their fourth member, Shiguma, instigating myriads of conflicts between their associates. The resulting war ends up taking three of them off their spots, Shiguma, Daikaku, and Baron, completely unbalancing the world powers. Since then, several new emperors have arisen to fill this void, and the world powers have once again shifted.
- See also the associated category: Yonko.
|Fukuoka Koyuki||Maurier Harlan||Rena Argo||Yagami Valor|
|Black Widow Pirates||Hound Pirates||Hunting Pirates||Moon Pirates|
Strongest Woman in the World (世界最強の女, Sekai Saikyō no Onna?);
Virulence (悪性 (ビルレンス), Birurensu?)
- See also the associated category: Former Yonko.
|Daikaku||Michael D. Shiguma||Raptor D. Baron||Warren D. Korag|
|Monk Pirates||Xros Pirates||Titan Pirates||Hollow Pirates|
Deadbeard (しひげ, Shihige?);
Abilities & Powers
As an entity, the Yonko are one of the Three Great Powers, all of which maintain the balance of the entire world, the others being the Shichibukai and the Marines. Their strength and influence are immense, to the point that they are hailed as Emperors, ruling above all and doing what they want. Individually, they are considered to be the most powerful pirates in the world, while simultaneously amassing a crew powerful on its own. Because of their power, they can declare chosen locations as their own; the mere declaration is often enough for others, both Marines and pirates alike, to acknowledge their authority.
Each of the Yonko possess bounties in the Billions, way bigger than their top subordinates even. While Gilbert D. Bertram of the Xros Pirates has 1,200,000,000, his captain, Michael D. Shiguma has 3,000,000,000. Meanwhile, Wolfgang is worth at least 3,000,000,000, but Fukuoka Koyuki herself is 5,000,000,000, the current highest.
Unlike what many think, the Yonko are not allied together in any form, compared to the Shichibukai, and follow individual paths. The possibility of two or more of the Yonko forming an alliance is enough of a threat to cause the World Government to panic, . A war between two of the Yonko is considered a terrifying crisis, .
Because of their immense power, it is necessary for factions aiming to oppose them to first strike an alliance with other factions in order to bring the Yonko down. However, even with multiple alliances among powerful pirates, the chances of defeating a Yonko are still extremely low.
Much like stated before, the Yonko are not only powerful as individuals, they have also gathered a considerate amount of powerful pirates, all of whom follow them. Most of these Pirates make up for the elite of the New World, earning themselves some of the highest bounties in the whole planet, as shown with Raptor D. Circus' 1,080,000,000 and Kane's 987,000,000, both being from different crews. They are among the warriors capable of fighting with other elite of the Three Great Powers.
In the New World, many consider there to be only two ways of living, or even surviving, that would be: constantly fight back against a Yonko or become their subordinate.
All the Yonko have different ways of increasing their military power, Legs uses her charisma and ideals, Baron adopts pirates as if they were family, and so on. Regardless, they possess size-able crews under their wing, along with their own army. Legs' army, when coupled with the warriors of Wano, is said to surpass the hundred thousand mark; Baron has a considerable amount of affiliate crews; Daikaku's subdivisions gather together many different fighters, such as Devil Fruit users, Swordsmen, different races.
All of the Yonko give certain names to these elite pirates in their crew:
- The Titan Pirates possesses its Eight Division Captains and their respective Vice-Captains.
- While the Black Widow Pirates have the Kamiyo, Kamiumi, Fukujin, and Yokai as Elite.
- Then, the Monk Pirates possess the Jokers, Aces, Kings, Queens, Numbers, and Wild Cards.
- So far, the Xros Pirates have shown the Four Gospels and several Executives, all of which are divided into many groups on their own.
Much like countries or, rather, Empires, the Yonko possess unfathomable reach when it comes to the importance of their actions.
They have the greatest territories within the Grand Line as a whole, declared as their own based on their sheer power, something that often keeps other Pirate Crews or groups from meddling with the location. These places are known for their extremely heavy security and for actually harboring many citizens, who find themselves living under the Yonko's protection, be it willingly or not. Most of the Yonko have people in their crew that greatly aid managing these territories: the Black Widow Pirates have the Empire side of the crew; the Monk Pirates possess the Wild Cards.
Yonko aren't Yonko solely by themselves, as they are backed up by their crews. However, unsurprisingly and individually, they are extremely important to their crew, such that the death of one could cause the entire collapse of the crew.
- Main article: A Prelude To Greatness
- Main article: Across the Line
- Main article: Fugitives
New Tides Saga
Operation Elbaf Arc
- Main article: Operation: Elbaf
Yonko Wars Saga
Across the Line Arc
- Main article: Across the Line
March to War Arc
- Main article: March to War
Out of the Loop Arc
- Main article: Out of the Loop
Dear Agony Arc
- Main article: Dear Agony
First Gen. Gallery
Second Gen. Gallery
Third Gen. Gallery
- While the term "Yonko" refers to the "Four Emperors", it is also used to refer to each individual Emperor.
- Fukuoka Koyuki is the first to have been in three different generations of Yonko.
- She possesses the most Epithets out of the group, numbered at 6.
- Raptor D. Baron is the first Yonko to have once served in the Marines.
- Maurier Harlan is the youngest person to have acquired the title of Yonko at 21.
- He has had the most bounties assigned among the group, though, before becoming part of it, totalling 14.
- Rena Argo is the one with the lowest bounty, 2,099,000,000, to become a Yonko.
- Yagami Valor has been a part of more groups than any other Yonko, bringing his specific affiliations to at least 8.
First Gen. Trivia
Second Gen. Trivia
- This generation of Yonko each had an epithet referencing the Pantheon Hierarchy in Greek Mythology.
- By 1579 (2020), Shiguma was the youngest Yonko at the age of 49, while Koyuki was the oldest one at 84.
- All of the Yonko possessed Haoshoku Haki.
- All of them possessed Devil Fruits.
- Except for Shiguma, the Yonko all had Zoan-class fruits.
- However, it is implied that Shiguma may be capable of copying Zoan powers with his own fruit.
- Two of the Yonko, Daikaku and Koyuki, stemmed from the Hunting Pirates, a reference to the Rocks.
- Among the Yonko, Koyuki held the highest bounty at 5,000,000,000, and Baron the lowest at 2,444,000,000.
Third Gen. Trivia
- By 1584 (2022's timeskip), Koyuki is the eldest at 89, while Harlan is the youngest at 24.
- Among the Yonko, Koyuki holds the highest bounty at 5,000,000,000, and Argo the lowest at 2,099,000,000.
- All of them possess Haoshoku Haki.
- All of them possess Devil Fruits.
- As of 1579 (2020), only two of the Yonko remain in their positions, leading the fanon to joke that they are the Niko (二皇, Nikō?, lit. "Two Emperors").
- The joke escalated by November of the same year, birthing the meme of Ikko (一皇, Ikkō?, lit. "One Emperor").